Partners In Education
3 years ago
What is PIE?
Partners in Education (PIE) is a group of dedicated parents and staff members that volunteer their time and talents to help provide our school with better resources and activities for our students. We promote the SE Warren elementary reading and character programs and provide needed classroom and playground materials and equipment.
The purpose of the organization shall be to aid students of the Southeast Warren Primary and Southeast Warren Intermediate schools by providing support for their educational and recreational needs and to promote open communication between the administrators, teachers, and parents.
We need your help!
Our meetings are open to the public. We have a very informal atmosphere and would like to invite everyone to attend our meetings. Your opinion matters! Please contact a chairperson for any information. Download the Volunteer Sign up sheet and send it to school with your child.
When are the meetings?
They are the first Monday of the month and are held at the Primary School in Milo. They usually begin at 5:00 pm. See the school calendar for specific dates>
- Host at least two book fairs a year at both the Primary and Intermediate schools – proceeds are used to purchase books for classrooms and library
- Host two fundraisers a year to raise money for field trips and teacher supplies.
- Host a Cookie Walk and Basket Raffle during Milo’s Small Town Country Christmas.
- Host a volleyball dinner during the community volleyball league season to raise funds.
- Donate $200 to each teacher, preschool to sixth grade, to be used for classroom supplies and special projects
- Cover the cost of a field trip for each grade, each year, including admission fees and the cost of the bus
- Volunteer at school – Help the teachers with Saxon Math filing and classroom tasks
- Feed teachers at during Parent/Teacher conferences – PIE works together to provide a meal for the teachers during each night of conferences
- Provide treats for open house at both the Primary and Intermediate Schools
- Fundraisers for playground equipment and recruit installation crews
- Replace basic playground equipment like balls, jump ropes, sand toys, etc.
- Sponsor the Reading Rewards parties for 2nd/3rd and the Intermediate Building
What has PIE Done?
- New $7000 swing set for the Primary building
- Painted blacktop lines, new balls and flag football equipment for Intermediate building
- $200 for each teacher’s classroom materials
- $250 towards a field trip for each grade
- AR parties for 2nd and 3rd grade 4 times a year
- Intermediate Easter Egg Hunt
- Prizes and Pizza parties for fundraising incentives
- Dinner for staff during parent teacher conferences at Primary and Intermediate buildings 4 nights a year
- Teacher Appreciation Day!-sweet treat for teachers